Jim Phelps, Director, Enterprise Architecture and Strategy, UW-IT
Bio: Jim is the Director of Enterprise Architecture & Strategy at University of Washington. As Director, his focus is on linking business and technical strategy, aligning various technology efforts to this strategy and growing the practice of architecture across UW. Jim is also the chair of ITANA a peer group for Enterprise, Business and Technical Architects in higher education. He has over two decades of architecture experience in higher education spanning research computing to the student experience. Jim has taught leadership competencies, architecture skills and facilitation to architects nationally.
- Primary engagements: HR/Payroll Modernization, EA Governance, UW-IT Strategy Practice
- Main activities: Leadership and group facilitation; architecture methods and practices; organizational change
Rupert Berk, Enterprise Solutions Architect
Bio: As Enterprise Solutions Architect, Rupert helps technology teams and projects create effective solutions that align with enterprise goals. His current work includes the Enterprise Information Platform, UW-IT DevOps, and strategy management for UW-IT. Since joining UW-IT in 2002, Rupert has held lead and architect roles in Identity and Access Management, Web Services, and Enterprise Architecture.
- Primary engagements: Enterprise Integration Platform (EIP), UW-IT DevOps, UW-IT Strategy Practice
- Main activities: IT solution design; architecture methods and practices; group facilitation
- Responsible for: Embedded Architects Community of Practice
Piet Niederhausen, Enterprise Business Architect
Bio: As a business architect, Piet helps people design how they work together, by supporting leaders and groups in evolving their strategies, business processes, organizations, and information systems. His current work includes strategy management for UW-IT and business analysis for multiple projects. Piet joined UW-IT in 2014 after twelve years at Georgetown University as a business analyst, IT service manager, and web application developer.
- Primary engagements: UW-IT Strategy Practice, UW-IT Investment Process Improvement
- Main activities: Business and systems analysis; modeling business capabilities and processes; development of strategies and business cases; group facilitation
- Recent presentations:
- Responsible for: Business Analysis Community of Practice | View calendar