Join EA for a half day Capability Mapping Forum and Workshop - September 1, 2015; 9:30AM to 12:30PM in Odegaard Undergraduate Library. The goals for the day are to: build a shared understanding of capability mapping, discuss how you use them and to establish some standards.
- Corporate Executive Board Presentation on Capability Mapping
- Group Work: Lessons learned, why capability maps valuable, best practices
- Capability Mapping here at UW - share your maps
- Building the practice: What should be standardized in our capability mapping
Date: September 1, 2015
Time: 9:30AM to 12:30PM
Location: OUGL ALC 136
To be notified of future events, join the EA Interest email list.
From the CEB Presentation:
- The concept of finding the right altitude for the mapping - level of consideration
- Framing conversations about outcomes
- values vs. solutions
- We know our services, but need more clarity on business capabilities
- How do we reconcile our services with the capabilities?
- Segmented groups working on same capabilities
- Importance of simple & clear language
- Know who the customers are for the capability map
- Leading from IT - identifying business capabilities not in the business
- Making sure we (IT) don't assume we know the language
- Decision making based on capabilities
- least mature
- innovate based on health of IT support for that capability
From Capabilities at UW:
- Having different views of the capability map
- Simple starting starting points
- No one way. There are a variety of processes to build a map
- How do we aline the various efforts (of building capabilities) and language
- How do we help the business do this work
- Specific context - not too general
- Get input, perspective from sponsors and partners
- Ignite! session for capability mapping. Share back how you use them.