Title: Prefer open and common standards, architectures, and systems over closed, proprietary ones
- Embrace industry and community standards.
- Prefer open standards, architectures, and systems over closed, proprietary ones.
- Standardize to reduce needless diversity.
Standards help to ensure consistency, thus improving the ability to support/manage systems, improve usability, and reduce technical costs.
- Application functionality is delivered to users via web-based UI’s that comply with current web standards.
- Systems are designed to externalize user authentication by integrating with enterprise authentication services.
- Web service URIs and Event messages conform to UW Standards and Best Practices.
- Systems are designed to externalize authorization by integrating with enterprise access management services.
- Applications using enterprise data integrate with UW’s Access and Use Agreement.