Access to public resources
To access public resource just make the call to the public apis. Please see the documentation on how to program to the public apis.
Access to secured resources
- Review the Resource Access Matrix to see which role you feel you might need.
- Obtain a valid security token.
- Request and obtain a UW CA X.509 certificate. For client application access, a certificate issued by the UW CA (vs. InCommon) is required. See UW Certificate Services
- For user access (a person vs a machine) to the web service you can now use a UWNETID with a SecurID (two-factor token) after receiving the proper permissions detailed below.
- Review and sign the Office of the Registrar Student Web Services Access Agreement for SWS.
- Review our Memorandum of Understanding for Student Web Services Support
Unless you tell us differently, we'll assume that when you start using the service, you agree to the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding as stated. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us at email@example.com
- Contact Matt Winslow (Assistant Registrar, Office of the Registrar) firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt will help your team setup an application design review with the Office of the Registrar. In addition, if your application is approved for access he will authorize your application via ASTRA.
Please make sure you specify which environment(s) you are authorized for and then use the following server environments to get access to the data.