If you have issues upgrading on your own or if you run into issues, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll offer assistance, but here are the steps to get SecureCRT updated to the latest version:
- Before beginning, close any existing open “SecureCRT” windows or sessions
- Go to https://itconnect.uw.edu/wares/uware/securecrt-software/ and click on “DOWNLOAD SECURECRT”
- Scroll Down and click on “SecureCRT 64-bit Downloads” under Windows.
This will download a .exe Installer file, which you should run after the download is completed.
NOTEBe Advised that the below steps is subject to change (slightly) if performed after 4/19, as UW-IT is preparing to launch a 9.2 version “soon”.
- Once the InstallShield Wizard is launched, click “Next”
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Leave the Profile Option set to “Common profile (affects all users)” default option. This should keep your settings intact.
- Select “Complete” as the Set Up type.
- Click Next, I recommend these two boxes remain checked.
- Click “Install”
- After waiting for the Installation to complete, you should be presented with this screen. Just go ahead and click “Finish”
- After upgrading and launching the upgraded version for the first time, you will receive a “New Host Key” prompt. Click “Accept & Save”.
If you are concerned that Keynes or your connection to Keynes may actually be compromised, you can click "View Host Key" and compare it to our last known certificate here: SecureCRT - UW Finance - Technology Shared Services - UW-IT Wiki (washington.edu) . However our record may be out of date if there is known update or changes to Keynes Server. Please notify email@example.com if you notice a mismatch.
- Optionally: Without closing the existing tab or session. Click to Open the “Session Manager” tab on the left-hand side of the window and double click on “keynes.u.washington.edu” and click “Accept & Save”. Repeating this more time or until you are no longer given “New Host Key” prompts.