When do I need to do this?
- While installing Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, it may have already prompted you to do this, in which case there is no need to repeat these steps.
- Only follow the below sequence if, when you open a PDF, your newest version of Adobe Acrobat is not the program that opens.
1. In the bottom left corner of your screen, type “Default Apps” in the search bar
2. Click on the top program that appears
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the window and select “Choose default apps by file type”
4. Scroll all the way down until you see “.pdf” in the left column
5. Next to it, click on the icon (in this example, the icon is Microsoft Edge, but yours might be an old version of Adobe or something different)
6. In the window that pops up, make sure to select the newest version of Adobe Acrobat that you have on your computer
7. Close out the window