Welcome to the UW Drupal wiki!
Immediately following Web Council in Odegaard 220 the third Thursday of every month, 10:30 to 11:30 (unless otherwise noted).
2014 schedule: Jan. 22 (Wednesday), Feb. 20, Mar. 20, Apr. 17, May 15, Jun. 19, July 24 (fourth Thursday), Aug. 21, Sep. 25 (fourth Thursday), Oct. 16, Nov. 20.
Coworking sessions are held once a month, roughly two weeks opposite the Meetings.
This is a great place to discuss specific questions and problems, and make progress on collaborative projects!
2014 Schedule: TBD
Location: May change, but is typically Schmitz Hall 470 (enter through 459)
Next coworking session: TBD
- firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
- UW community-maintained themes and modules
- Seattle Drupal User Group (SeaDug) http://groups.drupal.org/seattle
- #drupal-seattle on IRC (freenode network)
- IT Connect page for installing Drupal in the UW shared hosting environment
- Meeting Notes: January 22, 2014
- Meeting Notes: November 21, 2013
- Meeting Notes: October 17, 2013
- Meeting Notes: August 15, 2013
- Meeting Notes: July 18, 2013
- Meeting Notes: June 20, 2013
- Meeting Notes: May 16, 2013
- Meeting Notes: April 18, 2013
- Meeting Notes: March 21, 2013
- Meeting Notes: January 31, 2013
- Meeting Notes, November 15, 2012
- Meeting Notes: September 20, 2012
- Meeting Notes: August 23, 2012
Presentations can cover anything from a problem needing solving to knowledge-sharing about a theme, module, or technique. The idea is just to focus on something and give our discussion a little structure.
Have something you'd like us to discuss?
Add a topic to the list below!
Have something you'd like to present on?
Add your name after a topic below (type '@', then your name)
- Suggest a topic below or to email@example.com
- Volunteer! Demo your latest site or tell us about your favorite module
- Site demos: always welcome!
- Discussion of edu distributions like OpenScholar
- General site maintenance strategies (background, techniques, role of outside vendors)
- Hosting options: depts, managed servers, AWS, pantheon, etc.
- Print/email/PDF versions - Heather Wozniak
- "Must-have" modules for basic D7 setup - Heather Wozniak
- Finance & Facilities Web Sites - Dan Druliner
- Signup - Dan Druliner
- FAQ system - Dan Druliner
- UW authentication and Drupal (pubcookie, Shibboleth) - Nathan Dors, Heather Wozniak
- Upgrading existing sites (D5 --> D6 --> D7)
- Code sharing / version control e.g. github, bitbucket
- Manage one or more sites through time
- Front End vs. Back End vs. Site Building (administrative)
- How to separate out content editing from admin / site building – Heather Wozniak
- Admin Themes
- Taxonomy usage
- Integration with other campus resources (web services)
- Accessibility – Heather Wozniak
- Hiding complexity from editors – Heather Wozniak
- Workflows e.g. workbench module
- Drupal back-end/PHP debugging (IDE, Xdebug, etc)
- Multilingual Drupal
School of Nursing build: end of support, and potential alternatives moving forward- Jasper Bleijs Feeds: Tamper, consuming web-services - Dan Druliner Webform - Dan Druliner Git deploy workflow - Joel T Walters
Ongoing Agenda Items