This process involves four main steps 1) search/find auths of person you want to copy 2) download a copy of those auths to a .csv file which is in
a ‘code-ified’ format 3) update or change the data and 4) bulk-load/import the file back into ASTRA to ADD as a new set of auths.
Here's what to do to bulk-copy auths from one user to another:
From the ASTRA Search & Edit page:
- Search & Find the auths of the person you want to copy from (person A)
- Enter Person's Name, UWNetID or EID that you want to copy, click Find & Verify button.
- Expand the Advanced Search Options (just below the orange Search for authorizations now button).
- Select ASTRA role of: User (2nd bubble w/1st checkbox, in the second column). You could also select User & Authorizer if
needed & appropriate for the new person to have these authorizations.
- Optional steps:
- Select Application (MyFD, eProc, SAGE, EIS, etc.) if you are only looking for specific application authorization.
- Select Limit of Organization, enter org code or description, click Find & Verify. Repeat until all top-level orgs selected.
- Select Show auths ... WITHIN authority (3rd bubble - just below selected orgs).
- Click Search for authorizations now button.
- Click the Download to CSV button which will prompt you to open the file in Excel.
Now that you have the 'code-ified' version of auths for person A that you want to copy & ADD for person B you are ready to modify that
file, save it & upload it back into your ASTRA cart.
- Update the .csv file - here are the things you need to change in this file:
- Check & change ‘grantorUWNetID’ (columnA) to your UWNetID if not already yours, for all rows (enter once, copy-down)
- Change ‘granteeUWNetID’ (columnB) to Person B’s UWNetID for all rows (enter once, copy-down)
- Make ‘txAction’ (columnD) ADD for all rows (make sure none are UPDATE)
- Remove date from ‘effBegDate’ (columnH) so all entries are blank *or* put a future start-date in format of mm/dd/yyyy, ie;
- If there are any applications you do not want the person to have or you cannot manage (BGT, FIN & PAS-managed external to
ASTRA via UW-IT’s Adminapp group, SIMS-centrally managed) remove those rows
- Make any other edits to orgs, dollar limits (socValue_2, columnM)
- Perform 'File, Save-As' to an easy name & easy-to-find location (desktop). MUST keep file format as .csv!
- Bulk-load new file of auths back into ASTRA.
- Click on Cart/Checkout tab.
- Click on ‘Show bulk import options’ link.
- Click Browse button, navigate to where your saved .csv file is located.
- Select file, click Open button. Now back from Cart/checkout page, click Import button which will load these records into your
cart. If any kind of error is shown let me know, may need to troubleshoot from here.
- Click Notification & Ownership options button if you want to include a note to this person about their new auths. If their auths
include authorization(s) that require an Entrust token device, ASTRA automatically checks to see if they already have one & if
not a request is sent directly to UW-IT to have one issued & sent directly to the user.
- Click OK to return to cart.
- Click Check out now to finish!