This brick is due for review.
Identity Registration options consist of technologies and processes that allow customers to register identities in the UW Identity Registry (aka UW Person Registry).
The following table categorizes related technologies according to their current lifecycle status.
(Trends to watch)
(Scheduled for retirement)
- Identity Registration event producer/consumer
- CIFER software (PSU CPR, Open Registry, ForgeRock, etc.)
- Identity Registration API 1.0
- Identity data file from system of record
- Identity data file import from system of record
- UW NetID Sponsorship Process 2.0
- Mango MDS C libraries
- Mango MGO C libraries
- Empnetid COM object
- Empnetidsignup COM object
- Person Registry Source Web Service (PRSWS)
- Mango API
- UW NetID Sponsorship Process 1.0
- Manual registration processes (spreadsheets, etc.)
Note: Refer to the IAM Brick Reference for complete descriptions of the six status designations and common lifecycle patterns.
- SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) may emerge as an open Internet standard for registering identities from systems of record.
- Event-driven architecture and event producer/consumer patterns for identity registration may (or may not) emerge as a solution for identity registration.
- CIFER (Community Identity Framework for Education and Research) is developing a set of APIs for managing registration records in an identity registry. Further evaluation of the APIs and possible software implementations are needed to clarify the strategic direction of options related to identity registration.
- Identity Registration API 1.0 is available for limited use. It is expected to enter baseline status, or a subsequent version.
- Importing data feeds from other systems of record is a baseline solution. As APIs mature and take hold, use of data feeds will be contained.
- Mango technologies are under containment and for internal use only.
- The empnetid and empnetidsignup COM objects will be scheduled for retirement as HR/Payroll Modernization transitions clients to new technologies.
- Person Registry Source Web Service (PRSWS) will be scheduled for retirement when the Identity Registration API supports the related use cases.
- Other registration processes like UW NetID Sponsorship Process 1.0 and manual registration processes (spreadsheets, etc.) will be retired as opportunities arise.
- None designated.
Last Review Date
April 7, 2014