Agenda Items - Draft
- Introduction of New Members
- Summarization of Oct. 18th Meeting
- Defining the Problem
- Short-term plan
- Goals for the Web Council including the smaller (task force) groups
- Steering Committee membership
- Web Council mission statement
- Presentation of University of Nebraska-Lincoln approach
- What can we take away?
- 1-year goal, 3-year goal, 5-year goal
- How do our goals align with the UW strategic plan?
- How can we leverage existing groups (Collaboration Tools Task Force)
- What specific steps will bring us towards resolution?
- Finalize agenda for big meeting
- Information needed from big group (where are their pain points?)
- Get involved! Groups available for signup
- Advertising: techsupport, uwweb list, others?
The following is a draft and should in no way be taken as a literal representation of any actual future plans.
- Review system, identify next 80%
- Consistent, flexible brand - consistent yet departments remain uniquely identifiable
- UW Supported CMS, meets goals of integration with existing, supported systems
- Flexible architecture, departments can still be independent without feeling outside the system
- System aligns with UW Strategic Goals
- Publishing Standards
- Identify areas to 'templify' (Home page, administrative units, etc)
- Template - have a design contest involving students?
- Moving forward, what can solve 80% of the pain points?
- Identify Pass/Fail criteria, finalize goals and answer: what do we want it to do?
3 month (fire fighting)
- Steering Committee to keep small groups on task (Done!)
- Bring back the webguides - find existing, review, update, distribute
- Help desk resources (how to make a quick content edit using currently supported tools)