Brand update - slide deck
Alanya Cannon, Director of Brand Management, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-616-5535
- Brand pyramid: Contains brand promise, this is where we frame our brand messages
- Creative testing: multi-state, feedback coming in early July. Using this to make decisions as how to move the brand forward.
- Concepts: "Transformation", "We Believe", looking to create a genuine, authentic voice.
- Visual Identity: Colors, fonts, etc. being developed right now.
- Building the Voice: Messages, tone, editorial personality
- Tools: Rolling out in August and going forward (Brand Portal), more tools for video, social media, e-newsletter tools, event tools, web header and footer wizard, plus all the basic tools you'd expect.
- Brand Rollout happens in the fall.
- New photo database: Housed on Smugmug, rolling out in August, more curated and thematic, seasonal groupings, more searchable, simplified, Pride Points will be part of this database too.
- Event photos are on Flickr, Alanya accepts photo submissions from units, there are rules for tagging and metadata on the photos for searchability.
- Contact Alanya anytime with questions
Kilian Frey: UW Web Team
- UW Web Components...building towards consistency
- style guide, Wordpress and Drupal templates, documentation
- CSS, script file,
- UW Standard slideshow
- Standardized video player, HTML5, YouTube
- Accordion navigation
- check boxes and radio buttons, Flight UI toolkit, Bootstrap friendly
- Search box, forms, pagination
- Consistent iconography, might not work with IE8 so thinking of alternative
- files will be downloadable within Brand Portal, hosted on Amazon servers
- Releasing in July/August
- All features are accessibility-compliant
- Leaning toward slab serif headline font, sans serif body copy font
- we will have standardized social media glyphs as well
Tim Crandley, Program and Operations Manager, uwmichelangelo.com - slide deck
- Started in 2010
- This tool was built to deal with a time-intensive IT request process
- Handles multiple data sets
- Has multiple filter types
- reports can be checked out and extended
- Fast, in-memory database
- Customizable queries
- Search queries
- Composite Query--all queries on one screen, focused on speed, very quick
- Advance database dumps into Michelangelo
- Map-bases Queries
- Publication filter, scraped publication data for people's names, provides useful data for the database,
- Extending the report....report results can be combined and remove duplicates, subtract and match functions too
- Two layers of security to protect confidential information
- won a national CASE award
- mobile traffic has grown quite a bit
- roughly a 30 percent increase between 2013-2014 (http://www.washington.edu/marketing/files/2014/06/mobile-minute-june14.pdf)