The UW NetID service is the enterprise credential service for the University of Washington. UW NetIDs are used for authentication, accounts, e-mail addresses, and other computing purposes where unique identification is required. The UW NetID service manages the assignment and tracking of UW NetIDs, and supports related authentication services such as the "weblogin" service, UW Kerberos, UW Windows Infrastructure, , etc.
Self-Service UW NetID Web Tools
- UW NetID Administrative Manage - This service allows UW NetID administrators to view manage computing services for other individuals
- UW NetID Support Interface - This page allows UW departments to see UW NetID settings and manage a limited set of central computing services for indivduals who have affiliated themselves with a given support organization.
- Technology Service Center (TSC) Tool suite - This set of web based and command line tools allows tools and APIs that allow the UW Technology Service Center to support and maintain the UW NetID service
- Clinician Tool suite - This set of tools allows UW Medicine IT Services Helpdesk and UAA lock UW NetIDs
- Sys Admin tools - This set tools allows UW Tech system admins to do certain special functions such as create forwarding IDs and application IDs
- SecurID Managment tools - This is the set of tools that allow a 2-factor token to be assigned to a UW NetID.
- DLC Admin tools - This set of tools allows Digital Learning Commons admins to manage services
UW NetID Components and Supporting Systems
- UW NetID Namespace
- Classification of UW NetIDs and associated policies
- Helpdesk UW-IT Service Center Operating Practices
- Identity Establishment Practices
- UW NetID Users - Customers that use the UW NetID system to access many online resource around campus. In addition to authenticating using UW NetID many use various self help parts of the UW NetID service
- UW System Administrators and Developers - Our customers that integrate with the UW NetID service and depend on it to provide identities
- UW NetID Partners - Key customers around campus that have an invested stake in the UW NetID service and we interact with them regularly to establish priorities
- UW-IT Service Center - These are the first line of support for the UW NetID service and is a critical partner for Identity and Access Management
UW-IT Computing IT Infrastructure - Identity and Access Management
UW-IT Customer Services & Support - Technology Service Center
Developer and Partner Support
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday