- Verify that you are registered as a contact for your DNS name. Your UW NetID may not have been added to the DNS record when the DNS name was established. If need be, update the contact information. For help with this step, refer to Managing DNS Names For Infrastructure Services Access
- Go to the UW Services CA website.
- Click "Request a new certificate"
- Read the notice and click "I understand"
- Enter a fully qualified domain name (e.g. your-hostname.washington.edu or your-uwnetid.<
hostname>.<subdomain>.washington.edu) and click "Test." If the response confirms your ownership, click "Continue" to go to the next step. Otherwise go back to step 1.
- Fill out the Purpose page:
- Choose the certificate purpose by checking the appropriate option
- Select the certificate lifetime from the drop down list
- Describe your application purpose and expected number of application users
- Click "Continue"
- Click the "PEM Method" under your platform (Windows or UNIX). The ActiveX method is no longer supported on recent version of Windows.
- Copy-and-paste the contents of the certificate request you generated in the earlier step into #2 on the UWCA form, removing any trailing spaces.
- Click "Submit" to finish your request. You should receive a confirmation.