- Accepts certificate signing requests via the UW Certificate Services website.
- Supports server certificates for UW websites and other services.
- Supports unlimited server certificates for all UW-owned domains approved by InCommon.
- Wildcard certificates available to registered owners of approved domains.
- Certificates issued at no additional cost to UW departments; part of the basic services bundle.
- InCommon CA is rooted in a commercial CA certificate trusted by browsers and OSes.
- End users don't need to install any additional root certificates.
- Server admins must install the InCommon CA intermediate certificate.
- Not trusted by the UW pubcookie keyserver for keyclient authentication.
- Not trusted by most UW Web Services for client authentication.