Full-Access permissions grant you the ability to view the inbox.
Full-Access also always accompanies Send-As. Also, if you Reply to emails directly from the Shared Mailbox, you will be sending as the mailbox address.
Steps for Adding Full-Access Account:
- Click the File tab in the top left corner
- Click on Account Settings
- Navigate to Data Files tab
- Double-click on your NetID and navigate to Advanced tab
- Un-check Download shared folders. It prevents being able to search additional mailboxes for whatever reason. (Needs verification 12/2021)
- (Optional) You can check Download Public Folder Favorites if you wish
- Click Add...
- Type the email or NetID you were granted Full Access with
- Exit with Ok, then Apply. Return to the default screen.
You should see the new email account added.
If you wish to Compose New Emails and send them as the GCAHelp or the shared email account, then follow the Send-As instructions below.
If you have full access, then you'll have this, too. UW-IT doesn't generally allow granting Full-Access without Send-As permissions.
This means you won't be able to add the Mailbox, but you will be able to send emails from GCAHelp.
If you do not have full-access, then you will receive a copy of the sent email in your Sent Items inbox, but rest assured that it will also be present in the gcahelp (or shared email) Sent-Items folder.
Steps for Using Send-As:
- Open up a New Email or Reply to an email
- Go to the Options tab, and press on the From field to Activate it the field
- Once activated, click on From dropdown next to the Send button and select Other E-mail Address...
- Type in your shared email address that you have Send-As permission on
After adding this, the address gets saved in the "From" dropdown near the Send button.
You do not need to actually send the email (feel free to send a test message to yourself though, just label it as such). Go ahead and close the window.