- Authorization decisions are based on the authenticated identity of the client (see Authentication above).
- In order to edit group information, excluding membership, or to delete a group a client must have Admin privilege on the group.
- In order to add or remove members a client must have Admin or Update privilege on the group.
- In order to create a group a client must have Admin or Create privilege on nearest stem of the group.
- In order to view a group's membership a client must have Admin, Update or Read privilege on the group, or the group must be flagged as "read-all".
- In order to view the basic information of a group a client must have Admin, Update, Read or View privilege on the group, or the group must be flagged as "read-all" or "view-all".
- By default, all Personal UW NetIDs have Admin privilege on their own, possibly non-existing, base stem (u_userid).
Some clients may assume the privileges of, and act for, another user. This is accomplished by adding an act-as header to a request:
Clients are encouraged to connect on Connecting on port 443 is supported and recommended. Connecting on the alternate port (7443) , as it requests certificate authentication on the initial SSL negotiation. Connecting to port 443 works, but your client will have to be able to handle renegotiation of the connectionis also supported but may be deprecated in the future. Also note that jumbo frames (MTU > 1500) are not supported.