Overview and Quick Start Guide
ASTRA (Access to Systems, Tools, Resources and Applications) is an authorization system that stores information about who can use a wide variety of administrative applications and tools across the UW campus. Authorization, using ASTRA, sets limits on:
- Access to applications (such as SAGE, Financial Desktop, OWLS, eProcurement, FS-WORKS, etc.)
- Actions (update, inquiry, etc.)
- Access restrictions (budgets, organization codes, dollar limits, PUC's, FacNum's, etc.)
- ASTRA authorizations can be used to populate Groups that are managed in the Groups web service.
Through ASTRA's Web interface, users:
- Manage authorizations online
- See who has authority to use a system
- Administrative applications interact with the ASTRA database to find out if a person is authorized to use that particular system.
If you want to find out what authorizations are assigned to you in ASTRA do the following:
- Go to the ASTRA application page where you can click on "Show me my authorizations" to view a list of your own current, active authorizations.
If you want to find out who can authorize you for an application in ASTRA do the following:
- Go to the ASTRA application page where you can click on "Who can authoirze me?" in order to discover the appropriate Authorizer's contact information.
ASTRA Web Application URLs, by environment:
Service Level Agreement
ASTRA Availability: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the exception of irregularly scheduled maintenance.
For further information see Access Management Service Level Agreement.
Your Question Isn't Answered Here?
Contact the ASTRA team at firstname.lastname@example.org