Self-service organizational home group creation is supported under the following circumstances:
- The requested organizational home group is not already in use
- The requested group name has a corresponding 3rd-level domain name registered in UW DNS
- The requester is a registered DNS contact for that domain name in the washington.edu or uw.edu namespace. DNS contacts can be verified using the "Verify DNS Contacts" tool at Certificate Services.
- Log in to: https://groups.uw.edu/?view=new
- Enter a group description
- In the Group id field, type uw_<dns-name-here>. For example uw_pavesci
- Enter a group description and contact person
- Selecting a classification is optional. See the note at the end of this procedure before selecting one.
- Add the UW NetIDs of initial members to the Members field
- Add initial Administrators or Member Managers to their respective fields
Click Create group